Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pacing


It is almost 1am and I still can't fall asleep. The dogs are howling and it has been snowing all day. Today was one of those days were I felt like a little tiny dot in the middle of the galaxy. I gave up on trying to get the students to write me a story on what climate change means to them...instead we are going to make a little puppet film. Now I am not sure this is going to be successful ...however I am getting desperate. But this little project seems to have the students and teacher excited as we made a miniature sled complete with paper cut out dogs. Also a seal, ice bear, fox and a few Inuit people..which by the way that is the same word...Inuit means person! Really I should not be surprised by this as the Inuit people are traditionally oral storytellers and are happiest when they are using their hands to create things.

Today Canada Council for the Arts officially released the news that I won the John Hobday Award, for those that are interested to know what I won...here is the link:
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-eng.do?m=/index&nid=521939
It is a wonderful honour to receive this award and I have the most incredible life anyone could wish for but I must admit that something huge is missing from my life and I think that is what has me pacing these last few nights. I hope that little empty space will be filled one day. And it is very possible that I miss the company of my dogs and all this alone time has my mind wandering aimlessly.

Good Night/kunaat
ps. I figured out the shower situation..finally! It is a community shower and you have to pay 15 Danish Kroner. It is pretty safe to say my hair is getting a little greasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment